Cloud Backup for Enterprise delivers low-cost, high performance data protection leveraging Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) or Amazon Glacier and Riverbed’s SteelStore cloud storage gateway. Each package is designed to be purchased as a convenient monthly subscription fee and attaches seamlessly with many of the industry’s leading backup software applications.
With easy deployment, you can begin moving data to Amazon cloud storage within an hour of subscribing to Cloud Backup for Enterprise. Optimized for data protection workloads, this solution deduplicates, compresses, encrypts and replicates to AWS S3 or Glacier reducing costs 30-50% compared to disk or tape based systems. Data sets are compressed on average by 10–30x to speed transmission and reduce cloud storage costs.
Cloud Backup for Enterprise provides businesses drop-in access to public cloud storage with local-like performance without changes to the existing backup infrastructure. Simply change the target of the backup application to the SteelStore gateway, and Cloud Backup for Enterprise manages the deduplication, encryption and transmission to AWS S3 or Glacier. No changes to jobs, policies, or schedules are required.
Key features include:
- Attaches seamlessly to the leading backup software applications. Providers include CA, Commvault, EMC, HP, IBM, Microsoft SQL, Platform Support Information, Oracle Database, Symantec, Veeam and Vizioncore.
- No term commitments or setup fees and package pricing is based on size of stored data that has been compressed 5 to 30 times.
- One convenient monthly subscription fee. AWS setup and management are included eliminating the need for a customer to setup and manage their own AWS account. Also, cost of AWS puts/gets and restore bandwidth is included in the pricing.
- Reduced storage and bandwidth costs. Variable segment length with in-line deduplication provides additional duplication of datasets, and results in lower cloud storage fees and faster data transmission.
- High-speed data transfers. Industry-leading WAN optimization technologies are used to speed the replication of backup datasets to and from the cloud. The gateway optimizes data and transmits the datasets in multiple, parallel streams to maximize the available bandwidth for outstanding throughput.
- End-to-end security. Data is secured in-flight using SSL v3, and at rest using AES 256-bit encryption to create complete end-to-end security. The customer has the flexibility to restore data to any location while encryption keys are kept safe within the datacenter.
- Fast restores. The most recent and often accessed data is cached locally to greatly increase restore speeds.
- Real-time replication. All backup data is quickly and safely stored in the cloud and synchronization is ensured between the cloud and the locally cached dataset to provide superior data protection.
- Reliable, cost-effective with anywhere data access: Amazon S3 and Glacier provides a fully redundant data storage infrastructure for storing and retrieving any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the Web.
- Flexibility to select the best cloud storage option based on retrieval rate requirement and short to long term storage costs. AWS S3 based packages provide the best balance for data that requires high retrieval rates and AWS Glacier based packages provide the lowest cost, long term storage option.
- Supports a large array of backup and archive programs:
- CA ARCserve
- CommVault Simpana
- EMC Networker
- HP Data Protector
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
- Microsoft SQL
- Oracle Database Server
- Platform Support Information
- Symantec Backup Exec
- Symantec NetBackup
- Veeam Backup & Replication
- Vizioncore vRanger Pro
- Backup data is received from the backup server over CIFS or NFS interface.
- Write, read, and delete objects containing from 1 byte to 5 terabytes of data each.
- The number of objects you can store is unlimited.
- Information is deduplicated, encrypted, compressed and cached locally to speed restores.
- Data is encrypted and stored both in the local cache and in the cloud, with the customer managing the key.
- Data is encrypted data both in-flight to the Cloud with SSL v3, as well as at rest using AES 256-bit encryption.
- Each object is stored in a bucket and retrieved via a unique assigned key.
- Authentication mechanisms are provided to ensure that data is kept secure from unauthorized access.
- Options for secure data upload/download and encryption of data at rest are provided for additional data protection.
- 250Gb per hour throughput
- VMware Virtualized Servers using certified backup software for data backups.
- Virtual CPUs 2 minimum; 4 recommended.
- Physical CPUs 2.3 GHz + Xeon (or similar).
- Memory 6 Gb minimum;
- 8 Gb recommended for 8 TB package
- 12 Gb recommended for 20 TB package
- 24 Gb required for 40 TB package.
- Networking Adaptor type Intel E1000.
- Minimum of one fifth the cloud capacity in drive space (8TB=400GB, recommend using maximum drive space available). RAID-1 or high throughput disk subsystem. Separate disk subsystems other than the one used for backed up servers.
- Set up the Windows server(s) within an existing or newly created naming service such as Active Directory.
Packages and Pricing
This service is available in the United States. All pricing for the packaged offerings are listed as suggested retail price (SRP) in US currency.
Cloud Backup for Enterprise AWS S3 Packages
Cloud Backup for Enterprise AWS Glacier Packages
* Glacier Data Retrieval Fee is charged at (data overage amount x $0.01/GB x 720). For more information on how AWS calculates Glacier data overages please visit https://aws.amazon.com/glacier/faqs/#How_much_data_can_I_retrieve_for_free