Cloud Backup for Enterprise delivers low-cost, high performance data protection leveraging Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) and Riverbed’s Whitewater cloud storage appliance. Each package is designed to be purchased as a convenient monthly subscription fee and attaches seamlessly to many of the industry’s leading backup software applications.
With easy deployment, you can begin moving data to Amazon cloud storage within an hour of subscribing to Cloud Backup for Enterprise. Optimized for data protection workloads, this solution deduplicates, compresses, encrypts and replicates to Amazon S3 reducing costs 30-50% compared to disk or tape based systems. Data sets are compressed on average by 10–30x to speed transmission and reduce cloud storage costs.
Cloud Backup for Enterprise provides businesses drop-in access to public cloud storage with local-like performance without changes to the existing backup infrastructure. Simply change the target of the backup application to the Whitewater appliance, and Cloud Backup for Enterprise manages the deduplication, encryption and transmission to Amazon S3. No changes to jobs, policies, or schedules are required.
Key features include:
- No term commitments or setup fees and package pricing based on size of stored data
- Attaches seamlessly to a wide array of backup software applications from leading providers including CA, Commvault, EMC, HP, IBM, Microsoft SQL, Platform Support Information, Oracle Database, Symantec, Veeam and Vizioncore
- Reduced storage and bandwidth costs: Variable segment length, in-line deduplication finds additional duplication, and results in lower cloud storage fees and faster data transmission.
- High-speed data transfers: Industry-leading WAN optimization technologies are used to speed the replication of backup datasets to and from the cloud. The appliances optimize data and transmit in multiple, parallel streams to maximize the available bandwidth for outstanding throughput.
- End-to-end security: Data is secured in-flight using SSL v3, and at rest using AES 256-bit encryption to create complete end-to-end security. The customer has the flexibility to restore data to any location while encryption keys are kept safe within the datacenter.
- Fast restores: The most recent and often accessed data is cached locally to greatly increase restore speeds.
- Seamless connection: Seamlessly connect between Symantec Backup Exec and Amazon S3 to store and restore datasets.
- Real-time replication: All backup data is quickly and safely stored in the cloud and synchronization is ensured between the cloud and the locally cached dataset to provide superior data protection.
- Safe, secure, cost-effective with anywhere data access: Amazon S3 provides a fully redundant data storage infrastructure for storing and retrieving any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the Web.
- Supports a large array of backup and archive programs:
- CA ARCserve
- CommVault Simpana
- EMC Networker
- HP Data Protector
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
- Microsoft SQL
- Oracle Database Server
- Platform Support Information
- Symantec Backup Exec
- Symantec NetBackup
- Veeam Backup & Replication
- Vizioncore vRanger Pro
- Backup data is received from the backup server over CIFS or NFS interface.
- Write, read, and delete objects containing from 1 byte to 5 terabytes of data each.
- The number of objects you can store is unlimited.
- Information is deduplicated, encrypted, compressed and cached locally to sped restores.
- Data is encrypted and stored both in the local cache and in the cloud, with the customer managing the key.
- Data is encrypted data both in-flight to the Cloud with SSL v3, as well as at rest using AES 256-bit encryption.
- Each object is stored in a bucket and retrieved via a unique assigned key.
- Authentication mechanisms are provided to ensure that data is kept secure from unauthorized access.
- Options for secure data upload/download and encryption of data at rest are provided for additional data protection.
- 250Gb per hour throughput
- VMware Virtualized Servers using certified backup software for data backups.
- Virtual CPUs 2 minimum; 4 recommended.
- Physical CPUs 2.3 GHz + Xeon (or similar).
- Memory 6 GB minimum; 8 GB to 12 GB recommended.
- Networking Adaptor type Intel E1000.
- Disk Up to 8 TB (2, 4, and 8TB appliances available, recommend using maximum drive size). RAID-1 or high throughput disk subsystem. Separate disk subsystems other than the one used for backed up servers.
- Set up the Windows server(s) within an existing or newly created naming service such as Active Directory.
Packages and Pricing
This service is available in the United States. All pricing for the packaged offerings are listed as suggested retail price (SRP) in US currency.